Located along the Charles River on Memorial Drive, Leverett House is composed of McKinlock Hall and a Library-Tower complex. The house was named in honor of John Leverett, a famous lawyer and judge, who served as President of Harvard University from 1708 until 1724. Leverett House now serves as the residence for approximately 450 upperclassmen. Facilities in the house include Junior and Senior Common rooms, a darkroom, several computer terminals, a house grill, an active arts society, and an old library, which has been converted to a theater. It is not know when the Japanese garden was built, but it is likely to have been recent.
Chanting the Nembutsu,
Fields and mountains.