Features and Announcements
HCC offers Japanese Garden Design Course
Last Updated: 1/21/2002
The UK Horticultural Correspondence College is offering a course in Japanese Garden Design taught by Paul Darby. No prior experience is necessary. Through the course, you will learn to create a unique, authentic Japanese Garden within a Western setting. The course covers the philosophy and spirituality of the Japanese Garden and progresses right through design, then building, to maintenance.
Course Title: Japanese Gardens Course Ref No. JG1
Telephone: 01249 730326
Fax: 01249 730326
H.C.C.,Freepost, Notton, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN15 2BR
Skill level: Beginner Formal Prerequisite: none
Course Duration: 10 months to 3 years
** ILAs save up to 20% of our course fees**
Course Start date: ANY
HCC certificate awarded YES
Special notes: A new course available from mid 2001 onwards
- Philosophy of the Japanese Garden.
- Components of a Japanese Garden.
- Plants and Planting.
- From Design to Reality.
- 'Putting the Jigsaw Together'.
- Costing out your Garden.
- More Designs (especially for front/side gardens).
- Public Area Designs (also adaptable to private gardens).
- Aquatics (pools/streams/waterfalls/fish).
- Maintenance and Enjoyment.